The #StartedinOxford Demo Day is a celebration and showcase of the Oxford-linked entrepreneurship community, and will be held online on Wednesday 18 November 2020. This event will bring together exciting companies and ventures linked to the University of Oxford or Oxford Brookes University (students, staff or alumni) from across the globe, as well as those from across Oxfordshire.
In previous years, we have come together in Oxford, with 20-30 startups and over 300 registered attendees mingling and chatting over the course of an evening. This year we will be virtual – there will be even more hand-picked companies to meet and engage with in a fresher’s fair style virtual setup. The event will be open for almost 24 hours, with sector-specific sessions, panel discussions, and opportunities to hear selected companies pitch live throughout the UK work day. Attendees can find out more about each company, request more information, chat with the company representatives, and vote for their favourites to win prizes, including cash, introductions to networks and VIP’s, and connections to the wider Oxford-linked ecosystem.
If you want to get plugged into the startup community linked to Oxford, then the #StartedinOxford Demo Day is the place to be!
Why should you participate?
As an company you will get:
- The opportunity to showcase your company to a large worldwide audience, across the Enterprising Oxford platform and via its connected networks and partners
- A chance to win prizes, including cash, access to networks, experts, mentors and collaborators, and support packages
- To meet other companies exhibiting, from a range of sectors and stages
- Exclusive access to VIP guests, including senior executives, investors, and key connectors in the Oxford-linked entrepreneurship ecosystem
As an attendee you will get:
- The opportunity to engage with Oxford-linked companies from a range of sectors and stages, based anywhere in the world
- Serendipitous networking with other attendees, including investors and key connectors in the Oxford-linked entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Interesting panel discussions and sector sessions to attend, with facilitators and participants from the Oxford-linked ecosystem
- To find entrepreneurship resources, including programmes, other events, and job opportunities
Applications are now open! Apply by 5pm on 23 October 2020.
Want to help?
Sign up here to volunteer!
Register your interest, and we’ll get back to you!
Here’s what previous in-person events have looked like: