In the course of completing this application/registration form/membership form/document, you have provided information about yourself (‘personal data’). We (University of Oxford are the ‘data controller’ for this information, which means we decide how to use it and are responsible for looking after it in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and associated data protection legislation.
How we use your data
- We will use your personal data to assess your application and facilitate the RisingWISE event(s). This will include arranging transport, accommodation, venue, and catering (where required). We will also use your data to get your feedback about the RisingWISE event(s). Your contact details will only be used to send you information about the event and to contact you in case of an emergency. This processing is based on our legitimate interests.
- We will use data about your dietary, allergy, or accessibility requirements (where provided) to accommodate those requirements (where reasonably possible and appropriate). This processing is based on our legitimate interests and the substantial public interest in adhering to equalities legislation (where appropriate).
- We will use data about your racial and/or ethnic background (where provided) for the purposes of monitoring equality and diversity levels among attendees. This processing is based on the substantial public interest in monitoring and reviewing equality and diversity.
- We will use your personal data to create an aggregated report which we will provide to our funder: EPSRC Impact Accelerator. You will not be identifiable in this report.
- We also maintain a mailing list and will take photos at our event(s). You will be asked to read a separate privacy notice and provide consent before we use your data for these purposes.
We will only use your data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another related reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your data for an unrelated purpose, we will seek your consent to use it for that new purpose.
Who has access to your data?
Access to your data within the University will be provided to those who need to view it as part of their work in carrying out the purposes described above. We will share your data with the RisingWISE team at The University of Cambridge.
We may share your data with companies who provide services to us, such as for venue and logistical planning. These companies are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your data in line with our policies. We do not allow them to use your data for their own purposes. We permit them to process your data only for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Where we share your data with a third party, we will seek to share the minimum amount necessary.
Retaining your data
We will only retain your personal identifiable data for the lifetime of the event plus two years. At that point your personal data will be destroyed.
We will keep anonymised statistical data for a longer period of time.
If you consent to being added to our mailing list or consent to having your photo taken then a separate retention applies. Please see separate privacy notice(s)/ consent form(s).
Your data will be held securely in accordance with the University’s policies and procedures. Further information is available on the University’s Information Security website: https://compliance.admin.ox.ac.uk/gdpr-and-the-university
Where we store and use your data
We store and use your data on University premises, in both a manual and electronic form.
Information on your rights in relation to your personal data are explained here.
If you wish to update any of your details or alternatively raise any queries or concerns about our use of your data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org