May 14 2018 17.30
Finance is one of the first industries being impacted by Blockchain technology. But what exactly is that technology that everybody speaks about?
Codework Mindstone is a new joint venture between Codework Labs and Mindstone, which focuses on developing innovative Blockchain solutions with early stage companies to help them get their amazing products to market.
They will join us on 14 May to cover the following:
- A basic overview of how Blockchain works
- How it can play an effective role in finance and other business sectors
- Research areas on Blockchain utilities
- Case studies on the implementation of Blockchain in various sectors
- How hyper-ledger is transforming banking and supply chains
- Blockchain in accordance with GDPR
- Potential utilities to be provided leveraging Blockchain in the financial sector such as trade finance, clearing and settlement, and bank guarantees
- Regulations & Blockchains, how it is evolving
- How you can get started with working on Blockchain technology
Founder and CEO of CodeWork Labs
Sandeep is a senior risk professional, with more than 20 years of experience in risk and control roles for top-tier financial organisations, inter alia in senior positions with the Royal Bank of Scotland, UBS and JP Morgan. Sandeep is a certified Financial Risk Manager with the Global Association of Risk Professionals, and an Associate Chartered Accountant with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales.
Sandeep founded Codework Labs, which was set up to respond to complex technology challenges and to develop innovative new products in the Finance and Education space.
Head of Innovation at Mindstone
Abhinav spent 8 years constructing web and mobile experiences for different scales, industries and types of businesses along with a deep and thorough understanding of cybersecurity. Building upon these experiences, he is working on identifying technologies and trends that will shape the future.
Lead Developer at Mindstone
An experienced developer building tools for the incoming decentralized bitcoin and ethereum ecosystem. Prahalad's focus areas lie within Applied Cryptography and Game theory.
He blogs on behavioural psychology, bitcoin and takeaways within the startup world on Medium and Quora.
14 May 2018, 5.30pm, Said Business School, University of Oxford, Park End St, Oxford OX1 1HP (room tbc).
The talk is open to everyone and will be followed by a drinks reception for further discussion.