TheHill is Oxford’s digital health hub. We are an innovation cluster, network and support programme working in Oxford with NHS Trusts, universities, digital developers, innovators and investors to catalyse commercial and impactful technological solutions in healthcare. Read more.
We are inviting applications for our NHS market accelerator running from 23 to 27 September. This accelerator is best suited to companies already operating in the digital healthcare space, who require support navigating the regulatory and administrative environment within the UK’s National Health Service. We recommend that you apply if you are not yet working with the NHS, are currently working with private healthcare, and are at the beta test stage or have a finished product ready for the market.
The programme has a value of £7380 (€8100). Fully-funded places are available for companies eligible through the Innovation Support for Business (ISfB programme). To be eligible, companies must be an SME incorporated in England or a Ltd company bringing a new innovation to market. You can apply to join the programme during the application process for the accelerator.
The programme will cover
● The NHS in context: an introduction
● The regulatory landscape for healthcare in the UK
● Getting paid: reimbursement and procurement within the NHS
● Patient data, technical integration and clinical trials
● Opportunities to collaborate in Oxford
We will also be hosting a dinner with key opinion leaders and a small number of selected start-ups
● Stephen Brett, Solicitor, Anderson Law LLP
● Anant Jani, Value-based Healthcare programme,
● University of Oxford, and Executive Director of Better Value Healthcare
● Megan Morys-Carter, Director of TheHill digital health innovation community and CEO of Oxlaunch
● John Powell, Consultant Clinical Adviser in the Centre for Health Technology Evaluation at NICE
● Gary Welch, Director of Procurement and Supply Chain at Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
● Glenn Wells, COO of Oxford Academic Health Science Network
UK companies who are eligible through the Innovation Support for Business (ISfB) programme. The cohort will also include selected European SMEs.
12:00 Monday 23 September to 13:00 Friday 27 September, with a dinner on Thursday evening.
Wood Centre for Innovation, Stansfeld Park, Quarry Road, Headington, Oxford,
Oxfordshire, OX3 8SB, United Kingdom
DEADLINES for applications
● First deadline: 19 August.
● Second deadline: 29 August
Applications will be assessed on an individual basis and decisions communicated on a rolling basis throughout August. Final decisions will be made on 2 September.
We look forward to receiving your applications. If you have any questions about the accelerator please contact our Project Manager: Flora Hatahintwali (Flora.Hatahintwali@ouh.nhs.uk).