We’re on a mission to match-make some of Oxford’s smartest SMEs and Start-ups with a passion for technology and innovation. Why? Our quest is to deliver Smart solutions to the issues facing our community. Join our workshop, partner up with Smart Oxford and help us deliver solutions to some of our local community’s social, educational and economic challenges.
We continue our series of workshops, for the Innovation Support for Business (ISfB) programme, that help SMEs and Start-ups harness the power of technology and innovation to tap into the Smart city market. Our last workshop focussed on the potential of the Smart City market, and how SMEs and Start-ups can get involved to find solutions to improve our city. This time, we’re focussing on our community. Smart technology can be used to tackle some of the challenges our community is facing – ranging from social and healthcare issues to improving education and employability opportunities.
Who should attend?
If you are a start up or SME interested in:
• Exploring the power of technology to improve your city
• Realising your full potential in the smart city market
• Capitalising on innovative technology solutions and harnessing all available data and case studies
Then this is the workshop for you!
What will I learn?
This is the second in a series of seminars designed to invite SMEs and Start-ups to partner with Smart Oxford and discover ways to build and deploy Smart City Solutions. By understanding what local people want and need from our city, you can develop and ultimately take to market a tried, tested and approved Smart city product or service.
- Smart Oxford will connect you with local communities to understand what they need from a Smart city initiative.
- We’ll provide access to open source data from the city, county councils, and NHS Trusts to inform your solutions and support your ideas.
- You will learn how to build technology-based solutions to the issues that really matter.
- No two communities are the same, but some issues are universal – so their solutions could be too. Take your Smart solution to market and watch it benefit other communities and cities across the country.
By attending this workshop, Smart Oxford will help to connect you with their innovative network and are working on setting up a co-working space in the centre of Oxford, which you may be able to benefit from.
Please note that the workshop is part-funded by European Regional Development Funded (ERDF) and is available to eligible SME applicants as part of phase 2 of the Innovation Support for Business (ISfB) programme. Sign up to this event to express your interest for an ERDF funded place and a member of the ISfB team will follow up with you. Please note that a place on the workshop will not be reserved through making an Eventbrite booking until you have completed and returned an ISfB application form to a member of the ISfB team. A maximum of one ERDF funded ticket per business is available. Please note that the tickets for eligible SMEs are for registered, Limited Companies or people registered for tax purposes as Sole Traders. Please do not try to register if you are a student or pre-start up.