Social enterprises are businesses that are changing the world for the better. Like traditional businesses they aim to make a profit but it’s what they do with their profits that sets them apart – reinvesting or donating them to create positive social change.
Social enterprises are in our communities and on our high streets – from coffee shops and cinemas, to pubs and leisure centres, banks and bus companies. There are over 100,000 in the UK and we are the organisation who supports them to grow and change the world.
What makes you an SEUK team member?
You are passionate about tackling inequality and want to get behind businesses and people making a positive impact on the environment and in communities throughout the UK and around the world.
What you’ll do:
You’ll use your creative skills to develop engaging content that supports our work in raising awareness of social enterprises and the difference they are making in society, to encourage consumers, big businesses and the public sector to support them by buying social. You will:
- Assist the Communications & Marketing Officer with planning and generating visually engaging imagery and content for our social media channels – Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Use your video editing skills to create engaging new videos from existing footage
- Build and lay out visual and editorial content in the content management system
- Develop our stock photography library from free online sources
- Work on creating campaign content to support our Autumn campaign calendar
- Create fliers promoting SEUK's work
- Set up template presentations for the organisation
- Support in creating new video content
- Carry out general administrative duties and other ad hoc design related tasks
- At least second year in creative design course or two years’ experience in creating videos and social media graphics
- Skilled in creating engaging video and photo stories
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Canva and free online video edit tools is essential. Photoshop would be useful
- Strong, open, and positive communication style
- Ability to collaborate and contribute to a team effort but also to work independently using initiative
- Strong desire to support and promote the social enterprise sector
For consideration, you must submit your CV and link to your online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 12th July.
Please note: This is a 4 week part-time paid internship 19th August – 12th September – 7.5 hours per day, 3 days per week, London living wage.
Unfortunately we won’t be able to inform candidates who have been unsuccessful in reaching the interview stage.