IDEA will be hosting a calendar of events and workshops from 21 February to the end of March to celebrate International Women’s Day 2023. You can sign up to an exciting of range events, including skills development workshops and panels on the future of the Oxfordshire entrepreneurial ecosystem.
If you have a great event for IWD, and would like us to add it to this page please email us at email@example.com.
IDEA Events – space are limited, so please register ASAP
21 February IDEA IWD Launch Event with Professor Kylie Vincent & Dr Holly Reeve 1-2pm @ University Careers Service.
In this talk, you will learn about the academic, personal and professional journey Professor Vincent and Dr Reeve took to found this University of Oxford spin out.
2 March Women and Funding with OSEP 12:30 @ Online.
Hear from an inspiring panel of female founders about their experience of securing funding for their businesses and their tips for funding yours, with Jo Goodall of Luna, Helen white of Houseof, Yasmin Spark if Align Events and Wenmiao Yu of Quantum Dice.
14 March IDEA Book Club – Invisible Women by Caroline Criado-Perez. 5:30pm @ Royal Oak, Oxford.
We are bringing like-minded people to engage with the IDEA community, discuss the chapter and network. We are also giving away one free drink, so do come along!
15 March Pitch @ the Pub. 6pm @ Business & IP Centre (BIPC).
Pitch @ the Pub is a fun and engaging way to find out about new and up-and-coming startups, spinouts and social enterprises in Oxford.
Other Events – Please note that some events may not be ticketed, or may need you to sign up to a societies newsletters
- 28 February GroWISE Nimble Negotiation Programme Online. This partially self directed programme enables you to develop practical negotiation skills and a robust deal-making strategy. Get on board for a transformative journey, attainable through a unique interactive microlearning framework.
- 6 March Oxford Poetry Library- LIT Reading Group Workshop 7:30-9:30pm @ The Community Works. Welcome poets, storytellers, and writers of all kinds to share their work (or the work of others) in a safe, supportive, and inclusive space.
- 7 March International Women’s Day: Increasing gender diversity in enterprise 12:30pm @ Martin School/ Online. The University of Oxford has made a commitment to supporting entrepreneurship, but there are still inequalities in the entrepreneurship ecosystem. Hosted by the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Irene Tracey, the event will open a discussion around how this picture can be changed for current and future generations of women.
- 7 March Women in Entrepreneurship – International Women’s Day Panel 6-7pm @ Brasenose College.
- 7 March Oxford Poetry Library- This Is Just To Say: Spoken word open mic 7:30-9:30pm @ The Community Works. Welcome poets, storytellers, and writers of all kinds to share their work (or the work of others) in a safe, supportive, and inclusive space.
- 8 March International Women’s Day: In conversation with Joeli Brearley – Founder of Pregnant Then Screwed 5pm @ Kellogg College. Kellogg Fellow Dr Yasmin Khan will be in conversation with Joeli Brearley. Founder of the Charity: Pregnant Then Screwed. Two days after she informed her employer that she was pregnant with her first child, Joeli Brearley was sacked from her job by voicemail. Realising that her experience was not unique, Joeli launched Pregnant Then Screwed on International Women’s Day in 2015, as a space for mothers to share their stories of discrimination.
- 8 March Female Founders Panel 6pm @ Oxford TBC hear from four leading female entrepreneurs about their experience in the startup world
- 8 March FemTech startup series: how to raise capital from venture capital funds 7:30pm @ Linacre College find out more on how to raise capital to finance your (/future) startup from venture capital funds. Speakers include Valerie Evans is an investor at the Craftory, an impact-focused and cause-driven investment fund, and Robert Milnes is the CEO of viO HealthTech
- 8 March Discover Paula Rego – International Women’s Day Talk 2pm @ Ashmolean Museum
- 8 March PLAYSPACE by Makespace featuring The Many Voices Collection 10:30am-2:30pm @ The Community Works. Free, pop-up, child friendly coworking space. An inviting play area and craft corner for little ones, comfortable sofas and hot desks for parents/carers.
- 8 March Jericho Comedy 7:15-9:30pm @ The Community Works. Join Jericho Comedy at Lula’s Restaurant.
- 9 March Dorothy Hodgkin Memorial Lecture 2023: Professor Julia Yeomans 5:30pm @ Somerville College
- 9 March Founders & Funders: Celebrating International Women’s Day 5-6pm Online. Join Dr Chris de Koning and Brianna Bao for an exciting discussion with a panel of experts from both sides of the pond!
- 10 March Powerlands Documentary Screening 6-8:30pm @ The Community Works. A film about the displacement of Indigenous peoples and the destruction of the environment by powerful companies around the globe
- 11 March Singing our Beings // Mothering Journeys Free taster sessions 10am-12pm @ The Community Works. These sessions are for those at any point in their journey through motherhood, who are curious to explore how vocal play and sounding can support wellbeing, meaningful connection, and joyous creative expression.
Enterprising Oxford is a University of Oxford initiative to help connect people to the entrepreneurship resources they need, and to promote entrepreneurship across Oxfordshire.
Sign up for our newsletter