The IDEA Peer Mentoring Programme will enable women* entrepreneurs and would be entrepreneurs, including university founders, at various stages to develop their networks, receive expert advice, and form cohorts to provide additional support for navigating the opportunities and challenges of setting up a new venture or business.
The IDEA Peer Mentoring Programme will bring together entrepreneurs and would-be entrepreneurs to learn about key processes necessary for setting up and growing a successful business. Each cohort will leave the programme with a network of founders and entrepreneurs linked to the Oxfordshire ecosystem.
The programme will be structured with two separate tiers: Cohort facilitators (university founders and/or Oxfordshire entrepreneurs) and cohort participants. Each facilitator will receive training in Action Learning Sets (ALS) by a qualified instructor (on 16th February 2022, 1:30-4pm UK time) and have access to a network of mentors and advisors within the IDEA Network to support their own venture development.
Please note that all applicants for the role of IDEA Peer Mentoring Facilitator should be available for the ALS training (hosted online on 16th February 2022, UK time).
What are the benefits of being an IDEA Peer Mentoring Facilitator?
- You will receive Action Learning Sets Training.
- You will have access to mentors and advisors within the IDEA community and develop your own cohort of like-minded founders and entrepreneurs.
- You will co-lead your own cohort with another facilitator, creating a professional space to network, facilitate development and share resources and knowledge
What is IDEA looking for in a Peer Mentoring Facilitator?
- To provide practical connections, resources, and training to women students, staff, and researchers interested in or already in engaged in entrepreneurship.
- Benefit from leading monthly facilitated peer mentoring sessions.
- Support the development of new networks or expand the reach of existing informal women’s and entrepreneurial networks in Oxford, to women who may not have access to resources and mentors.
- Be Oxfordshire-based or travel to Oxfordshire for in-person events.
Applicants should also be able to commit to a dedicated half-day training session in Action Learning Facilitation (hosted online on 16th February 2022, 1:30-4pm UK time)
IDEA Peer Mentoring Facilitator Application Form