- This event has passed.
Climate change action, how might Covid 19 change what we do? We’ll hear from 2 experts & have plenty of time discuss in small groups too.
About this Event
The Women in Sustainability Network is going online!
Join us for this first online event, led by Thalia Carr, our WINS Oxford Lead, an experienced coach and facilitator in the Sustainability Sector.
Thalia will be facilitating a lively discussion with our panel of speakers and enabling you to connect and network in small, online breakout rooms.
We might be social distancing, but we can still connect emotionally, finding support and help from one another. So come and join us – read on to find out more!
We’re very mindful that many of you are facing financial uncertainty at present.
If that means you are unable to afford to pay, please do grab a free place to join us for this online event.
For those who are able to pay, please buy a ticket as revenues from sales are essential to enable us to provide ongoing support.
Drastic measures are being taken over Covid-19, what can we learn which we can apply to our Climate Change response?
We’ve seen governments, businesses and individuals all around the world taking fast and drastic action in response to a pandemic in clear contrast to the slow, incremental and frankly inadequate response to the Climate and Biodiversity Emergency.
In this online event we’ll be looking to identify the keys to unlocking the far bigger challenge of the threat of Climate Change.
Orlaith Delargy is a sustainability consultant based in Dublin and coordinates the Irish Forum on Natural Capital.
Her special interest and expertise are in sustainable finance and natural capital risks and opportunities to the private sector.
Orlaith will speak about how the private and particularly the financial sector could change both now and when we come out of the other side of the Corona Virus crisis.
Agnes Altmets is a social scientist, change maker, and one of edie 30 under 30: the next generation of sustainability leaders.
She has over a decade of experience working in data and research and her focus is on implementing sustainable change.
Agnes will discuss how we might go about ensuring a just transition to a more sustainable future.
There’ll still be an opportunity to connect meaningfully in small groups. At Women in Sustainability we are always aware that there is so much more expertise in the room than just that of our brilliant speakers.
You’ll get time to come up with solutions, share your concerns and work on ways to collaborate.
We’ll focus on:
1) How can we start to set up new systems of working and new strategic plans now?
2) How can we avoid a return to Business as Usual with the accompanying spike in emissions and runaway climate change?
3) How can we support each other in our current situation?
Who’s it for?
- Women working in sustainability at all levels and sectors.
- You’ve been working in sustainability for a while but are looking for a change.
- You’re new to sustainability and want to get prepared for the road ahead.
- You’re established in your career and wondering how you can progress or change what you do.
- You’ve had a varied career and have wisdom to share.
- What will you get from attending?
- You’ll come away with inspiration, energy, new insights about your own situation as well as strategies and tactics for designing your own change.
- You will have the opportunity to meet and network with other like-minded women working in sustainability.
What our ‘Women in Sustainability’ say about our Network Hub Events:
- “The WINS Network gives me a feeling of empowerment and support. How fantastic to be surounded by so many powerful, sustainable women” Rosie Williams
- “The WINS Network gives me a great opportunity to conenct with like-minded women and learn great stuff!” Nicola Ainger
- “The WINS Network Hub events gives me such insightful and useful tips from other professionals. Also its great to hear and share experiences and be reminded that we are all facing the same challenges!” Julie
- “There is a really positive feeling – the atmosphere is so energising” Karen Press
- “It was great to have a space to listen to women talk about being passionate and driven. It has inspired me to tap into those passions'”Mathilde Braddock
All queries contact organiser Thalia Carr email@example.com
For details, go here: