- This event has passed.
Better relationships build better businesses. Our workshop can help you build a business relationship of mutual understanding, openness and integrity.
What need does the course address?
Change is inevitable. In business we need to be able to address change and engage with disagreement to build better business relationships. However, most businesses don’t spend very much time looking at how they will do this and instead focus on strategy and investment. These are necessary but we also know that many businesses fail because of differences between founders or partners. According to Bloomberg, 8 out of 10 entrepreneurs who start businesses fail within the first 18 months. Two of the top five reasons are lack of communication and founder dysfunction. By understanding how you and your colleagues feel and behave in differing circumstances, can help you see changes and disagreements in a positive light.
Traditionally, business relationships and related expectations are an implicit part of commercial contracts. Our approach makes these aspects more explicit providing an accessible benchmark for future adjustment and agility. If a business knows clearly what it stands for, negotiations and choices are much easier and (more) coherent. All actions have integrity in the sense that they are robust and aligned with a company’s purpose and values.
Whilst our focus is on founders and entrepreneurs, anyone who works closely with another person or group of persons to achieve a mutually desired outcome will benefit from our approach.
Key outcomes and benefits
At the end of this course you will:
• know what makes a good business relationship and what doesn’t
• have a better sense of what motivates and drives you in your own life and in your business relationships
• have a better sense of your personal core values
• have addressed a current business relationship issue
• explored conflict resolution styles
• have a better sense of how you are perceived by others
• reduce the stress you experience as a result of change and disagreement in your work environment
• awareness that it is possible to create your own purpose-driven contract and blueprint for action and conflict engagement
• know how to promote better business relationships in your organisation
Outline of the day
• What makes for better business relationships?
• The Importance of Values and Purpose
• Conflict Styles – what is yours?
• How to address change and engage with disagreements
• Purpose-driven, values-based contracts for your organisation
To read more about this workshop click here.
There will be an opportunity for networking after the workshop.