- This event has passed.
Women-founded start-ups generated more revenue per Euro invested: women-led businesses outperformed men-led business by nearly twice the capital productivity. Yet in 2020 women-founded start-ups raised just 1% of investment in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), whilst 5% went to mixed-gender founding teams. The remaining 94% went to all-men teams.
In this context, an international panel of innovation leaders will address questions such as:
• What will it take for companies to seize the opportunity to achieve greater productivity through greater diversity?
• What can innovation leaders do to encourage the promotion of women to leadership positions?
• What success stories are out there and what are their key ingredients?
TenU member Lesley Millar-Nicholson, Director of the MIT Technology Licensing Office, will chair an exciting line-up featuring:
• Almesha Campbell, AUTM Chair-Elect and Assistant Vice President for Research and Economic Development at Jackson State University
• Anne Lane, TenU member and CEO of UCL Business
• Fiona Murray, Professor of Entrepreneurship & Associate Dean of Innovation at MIT Sloan School of Management
• Gaele Lalahy, Chief Operating Officer of Balance-App
• Maina Bhaman, Partner at Sofinnova Partners
TenU is a transatlantic collaboration formed to capture effective practices in research commercialisation and share these with UK and US governments and higher education communities, in order to increase the societal impact of research. TenU’s members are the technology transfer offices of the University of Cambridge, Columbia University, University of Edinburgh, Imperial College London, KU Leuven, University of Manchester, MIT, University of Oxford, Stanford University, and UCL.
If you have any queries or would not like to be contacted in future, please contact me at email@example.com.
Enterprising Oxford is a University of Oxford initiative to help connect people to the entrepreneurship resources they need, and to promote entrepreneurship across Oxfordshire.
Sign up for our newsletter