About this event
This fully funded 2-day business bootcamp is designed to give a solid foundation to developing a successful business that focuses on helping the local community, or creating a positive social or environmental impact. The sessions, tailored for early stage and start up businesses, will also help you to identify your business mission and increase the positive impact you have through your work.
The bootcamp is designed to help you grow in confidence and knowledge by expanding your network, and fostering new partnerships and collaborations that will help to make your business thrive.
Thursday 7th October 10 .00- 16.00
Sessions will cover:
- Introduction & scene setting
- The Power of Purpose – Defining your vision, mission and purpose
- An introduction to Community Wealth Building by the Owned By Oxford Project
- Testing your idea – How to create a viable product for your market
- Money matters – find out how you could access grants, crowdfunding & manage a budget
Friday 8th October 10.00 – 16.00
Sessions will cover:
- Marketing – How to identify your customer & tell your story
- Measuring the impact of your business
- Peer support – the importance of community to support & grow your business
- Next steps – how to grow a team with inclusivity & diversity, and manage your own time and resources
There will also be opportunities to hear the inspirational stories of local organisations and businesses to help you define your vision, and an enterprise clinic to get 121 advice and ask questions specific to your business.
Lunches, teas & coffees and snacks will be provided by Waste2Taste.
Who is it for?
This bootcamp is for early stage businesses that have incorporated or registered in the last 12 months. You may have started a business from home during the pandemic, or created a trading charity or social enterprise to help your local community through the lockdowns.
If you are unsure, or would like to know more about this fully funded support, please email email@example.com.
Participants of the Bootcamp will also be able to access Social Shifters online learning with follow on content.
How will the Bootcamp work?
Spaces are limited in order to maximise the benefit for those participating. Applicants will be assessed for suitability and compatibility. Admission is by application to check eligibility, and you will be notified as to whether you application was successful or not.
Registration for this Business Bootcamp closes at 5 pm on 17th September 2021.
eScalate, is a three-year project, part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) which runs until March 2022 to support Social Enterprises, social entrepreneurs, enterprising charities and purposeful businesses in Oxfordshire. Support includes one to ones, workshops and peer support sessions.
For more information about the eScalate programme , visit www.oxfordshirelep.com/escalate