- This event has passed.
A hackathon-style event bringing the Oxford community together to use social enterprise in solving educational inequality.
As a tie-in to our Social Enterprise Awards the Oxford Hub is excited to be convening Start Solving; bringing community members, volunteers, entrepreneurs, and representatives from the whole city together to dream up practical, financially self-sustaining solutions to educational inequality in Oxford.
Over the course of the day, changemakers, entrepreneurs, and experts will organise themselves into teams, get inspired, and design enterprising solutions. At the end of the day there will be a competition, with a winner announced by our judging panel. All teams will be considered for the next round of Social Enterprise Awards, with the chance to receive funding and support to put their solution into action.
Keep a look out for announcements of speakers, judges, and prizes as we get closer to the day.
Who is it for?
- Everyone! We want to bring together changemakers (volunteers and community members who have experience working on educational disadvantage), entrepreneurs (to bring confidence and knowledge to an enterprising solution), and experts (anyone with specific skills) to work together.
How much do I have to know about social enterprise/educational inequality?
- We think everyone can contribute, and we want this day to be about bringing different skills and experiences together. There will be speakers to help you understand some of the issues. The most important thing is willingness to take part and be collaborative!
Can I sign up by myself?
- Yes! We want everyone to meet new people and pool their skills, so look forward to finding your team on the day.
Do I have to come with an idea?
- No – the day is will be structured to allow all teams to develop their project over the course of the day
- You can! We welcome attendees to get thinking, researching, and preparing before the event – just come with an open mind, as you might not be the only one with big plans!
Is the venue accessible?
- The venue is wheelchair accessible. However, wheelchair accessible toilets are at The Oxford Wine Bar just down the street.
Is there a cost?
- Nope, the day is free to attend.