- This event has passed.
This is a new opportunity to join our team of MPLS Enterprise and Innovation Fellows, to represent and liaise with MPLS research staff (research only contract) and support fellow researchers to explore and engage with the thriving Enterprise culture across Oxford. In return for the activities listed below the MPLS E&I Fellow will receive an honorarium of £1000 (payable in 2 instalments) which will be available in a departmental cost code to be used on their personal and professional development. A small resource fund to support engagement activity may also be available to support projects. Achievements as an MPLS E&I Fellow can be used as evidence of academic citizenship, community building and networking in future job applications.
The role involves the following responsibilities:
· Building on the experience and initiatives developed by previous cohorts of MPLS Enterprise Fellows in delivering an enterprise development programme tailored for research staff · Liaison with the existing MPLS RSS members, departmental and student-led enterprise societies, soliciting views and opinions from these groups and the wider research staff community, and feeding this information into the on-going development of the MPLS Enterprise programme
· Cascading relevant information to and from research staff from the MPLS Enterprise programme and its partners in delivery
· Write proposals and manage researcher consultancy projects to map out ways to extend current support for research staff in developing their Enterprise skills, for consideration by the MPLS Enterprise programme
· Convening on-line and face to face shared practice opportunities for researchers to come together to discuss their experiences of participating in different elements of the Oxford enterprise and innovation ecosystem, of starting up new ventures, and the issues that arise with this
· Have an awareness and some experience of the MPLS Enterprise programme and opportunities available through the Enterprising Oxford network to support the career development of Researchers
· Ideally the person will have been on some of courses/ programmes/ internships offered through the MPLS Enterprise programme or its partners, and also those offered outside the UoO. A commitment to supporting the development of enterprising researcher skills and experiences, and to sharing opportunities with other researchers is the most important consideration
· Be proactive in identifying ways to improve communication with research staff/postdocs
· Be able to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people from different disciplines
· Listen, without prejudice, to opinions, identifying and articulating options and potential new initiatives to put to the Enterprise team in MPLS
Time commitment: maximum time commitment is approximately 37hrs (roughly 5 working days per year. This will depend upon the mechanisms used for liaising with the research staff community