- This event has passed.
An introduction to PR for purpose driven businesses. PR is a powerful tool not only for promotion but also sharing your message and delivering your mission. Learn what PR is (and isn’t) and how you can use it to reach your target audience and help you achieve your purpose.
Join us for a practical workshop exploring PR for your social impact business, and how to use it to amplify and spread your values and mission.
In this session you will learn:
- What PR is including media, partnerships and working with other elements of your marketing strategy
- How to create and implement a sustainable and realistic PR plan
- What is, and isn’t a story
- How to identify and build a strong media list
- Pitching tips
- What kind of PR is best for your business
- How to feel confident about putting your brand out there
This session will be an interactive workshop, where you’ll be able learn from experts, and get feedback and support from peers.
Who is it for?
Social entrepreneurs who want to better leverage the social or environmental benefit of their business or organisation to drive growth and scale impact. You might run, or work for, an indie business, social enterprise or trading charity in Oxfordshire.
This is session 4 of 5 Marketing with a Mission Masterclasses at Arts at the Old Fire Station
These workshops are designed to help you leverage your social & environmental impact to raise your profile and drive engagement.
- Wednesday 23/11/22 – Content Planning with Purpose – defining your purpose & creating content that supports your vision & mission
- Thursday 08/12/22 – Marketing & impact – how to communicate impact to inspire and spark action
- Thursday 19/01/23 – Community building – how to build sustainable relationships with your stakeholders that help to grow your enterprise
- Thursday 09/02/23 – Purpose driven PR – an introduction to PR for purpose driven businesses
- Thursday 16/03/23 – Routes To Market – how to maximise the reach of your social enterprise, balancing commerce and social enterprise with Julie Macken, Co-Founder of Neve’s Bees
Rosie Jacobs, Director of Independent Oxford
Rosie is Co-Founder and Director of Independent Oxford, a membership organisation that supports and promotes independent businesses in Oxfordshire, with a vision to create a society where everyone values local. What started as a monthly meet up for indies, has now grown into a community of over 150 businesses, who support each other and champion the value of buying local. The Independent Oxford website has over 20k views a month, and the IO social channels and newsletter reach 18k+ followers.
Rosie is passionate about building strong communities, and championing social and environmental positive impact organisations through story telling.
Annabel Lee, Founder of Annabel Lee Communications
Annabel is a freelance writer and communications consultant. Her writing has appeared in Red Magazine, Glamour, Metro and Huffington Post. She has 15 years’ experience working with organisations to help them get clear on their story and share it with the world. Having worked at award winning PR agencies for over a decade, she now works independently with purpose driven businesses, and is on a mission to demystify PR and marketing, and make it easy, stress-free and impactful.
Enterprising Oxford is a University of Oxford initiative to help connect people to the entrepreneurship resources they need, and to promote entrepreneurship across Oxfordshire.
Sign up for our newsletter