- This event has passed.
If you got the drive and determination to bring your startup idea to life, but you’re not sure what you need or where to start with the technology side of it. Whether you need bespoke software, a low-code or no-code MVP, or a white-label out-of-the-box solution, we’re here to help.
AccelerateHER is hosting a one-day hackathon for female founders on Thursday 2nd March, in CodeBase’s Edinburgh campus. Our facilitators will match you with industry experts to explore your challenges, answer your questions, and understand your options. There will also be drop-in clinics to discuss other elements of your business journey.
The event builds on the partnership between AccelerateHER and CodeBase, who are the delivery partner for the Scottish Government’s Techscaler programme. Membership to the Techscaler community which offers founders mentorship, education programmes, workspaces, community forum, events, and more, will be offered to eligible founders who participate in the hackathon.
Is this right for me?
• You are a startup founder or would-be founder, based in Scotland, who identifies as female or non-binary.
• You have identified a specific or self-contained technical challenge that requires some creative problem solving.
• We welcome founders who are established in the tech space as well as non-technical founders.
How do I apply?
• Applications open Wednesday 11th January and close Friday 27th January, 2023. We’ll let you know by Monday 20th February if your application was successful.
• The application form will ask you to confirm your eligibility, share a brief overview of your startup or idea, and describe both the technical challenge that you wish to address at the Hackathon, and the desired
outcome or benefits you’re hoping for.
• We put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our culture – from our spaces and events, to our education programmes and community. To participate in the event you’ll need to agree to uphold the CodeBase Code of Conduct
What can I expect?
• Hackathons are for rapidly exploring ideas, exercising your creative problem-solving skills, getting expert technical input on a well-defined problem or opportunity, and space to meet and collaborate with new connections in the startup ecosystem.
• There will be talks, facilitated group discussions, introductions to your matched technical expert, 1:1 problem-solving sessions, opportunities to connect with and get advice from peers, and, of course, lunch!
• This hackathon is limited to a select group of founders (less than 10) to ensure that each individual challenge gets dedicated support.
• Participants and facilitators will share expertise, explore data, and use their own experiences to problem-solve. If you have data available for hack participants to use, it can be incredibly useful, but make sure you are legally able and comfortable sharing data with participants.
• This hackathon will get you a step closer to where you need to be, but you won’t come away with solutions to all of your challenges, and it will require further effort and testing to create production-ready software.
EnSpire Oxford is a University of Oxford initiative to help connect people to the entrepreneurship resources they need, and to promote entrepreneurship across Oxfordshire.
Sign up for our newsletter