- This event has passed.
How can students start their careers in blockchain? Learn from successful entrepreneurs from the Algorand ecosystem and Oxford students about how to kickstart your professional life in the space and ask questions about their entrepreneurial and professional journey. Our esteemed panelists are:
– Michela Silvestri is a blockchain advocate with experience in business development. She is best known in crypto for her long-standing role as a business dev for one of the top 10 crypto exchanges, Huobi Global. Based in London, Silvestri is an Economics Graduate. Michela is now guiding firms in the crypto space in the journey of supercharging their businesses with the stable, secure and highly liquid infrastructure of Huobi Global. Prior to her role in Huobi, Michela has taken up key leadership roles in numerous industry giants including Citibank and the Swiss Venture Capital firm, Seedstars. Michela’s side interests include writing research papers on macroeconomic policies, Intermarket correlations and web 3 and blockchain tech.
– Andrea Bonaceto is a contemporary artist and entrepreneur. Through NFTs, AI, and programmable art he is trying to bring the audience into his abstract works and iconic portraits. His work has been featured in mainstream media and museum exhibitions worldwide. Andrea has been involved in the blockchain and NFT space since the early days. He is among the Founding Partners at Eterna Capital, a leading investment company focused on blockchain technology. In addition, Andrea is the Co-Founder of AoRisT, a next-generation cultural institution supporting a climate forward NFT marketplace for artists creating at the edge of art and technology. Andrea is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts and Forbes Under 30.
– Elena Vicario Santos is a third year Engineering student at the University of Oxford. She is the incoming President of the Oxford Women in Business Society and has been very involved in setting up the Oxford Blockchain Society DAO. She’s an analyst at OP Crypto, a $50M crypto native fund, and a member of the founding cohort of HomeDAO, an ecosystem focused on accelerating blockchain projects with leading firms.
– Marc Farrington is an entrepreneur, digital producer, marketer, and founder of Illustrated World Series (IWS), the world’s first Art-Sports platform giving professional illustrators an opportunity to compete for various international titles with all the action live-streamed to a global audience. He also built the world’s first online supplier marketplace: buildmystand.com for the MICE industry, deployed (pre-pandemic) across EMEA and APAC winning key partnerships with senior blue-chip leaders.
Join Algorand Foundation on October 20, 2022 at Oxford University for our insightful panel and have fun with us at the afterparty. We look forward to welcoming you!
– Open door: 5.30 PM at Michael Dummett Lecture Theatre In Christ Church College
– After the event, we are waiting for you at The Varsity Bar to celebrate, join us from 8 to 10 PM
Enterprising Oxford is a University of Oxford initiative to help connect people to the entrepreneurship resources they need, and to promote entrepreneurship across Oxfordshire.
Sign up for our newsletter